About

Private information disclosed. Here for example use now... if anyone uses it.

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Production: Rule of Third

Rule of thirds is another aspect I had previously learnt from my own personal video recording activities that can play a significant one for producing nice quality clips.

The rule of thirds system is splitting the visuals into 9 equal squares in a grid shape. I drew a diagram below to explain.


The visuals would have this overlays over it during filming. These lines are used to help give shots tension. The idea is that if the subject on screen meets with/almost lines up with and follows one or two of the lines, it is in a good spot that can provide lots of tension and generally look nicer to present. I told my group members about this and we tried to stick as much to it as we could. Here are some examples of shots that used the grid system.









0 comments:

Post a Comment